Itä-Helsingin Klubitalo (East Helsinki Clubhouse)
What is a Clubhouse?
- A developing and rehabilitating community of members and staff
- Offers activities, learning opportunities and meaningful work
- Supports members' strengths
- Participation is voluntary
- The Clubhouse workday consists of tasks related to the maintenance and development of the Clubhouse community
- The Clubhouse offers support for members returning to working life, including a Transitional Employment program
- Participation starts with joining a Clubhouse tour,
- Don’t hesitate to be yourself!
- By participating, you can contribute to how the Clubhouse operates and to your own work there
- Working at the Clubhouse is voluntary and within your own resources
Who is Itä-Helsingin Klubitalo for?
- For people with mental illness who wish to get out of loneliness and want to find meaningful work.
- The Clubhouse is open to all residents of Helsinki who have been in mental care
International Clubhouse model
- The first Clubhouse was opened in New York in 1948. Today, there are hundreds of Clubhouses all over the world.
- Clubhouses have a central organization for Clubhouse training, research, and development.
- Itä-Helsingin Klubitalo and Helsingin Klubitalo are independent communities maintained by Etelä-Suomen Klubitalo-osaajat ESKOT ry registered association.
- Itä-Helsingin Klubitalo was opened on 4 May 2009.
Itä-Helsingin Klubitalo applies the Fountain House Clubhouse model to support its Helsinkian members in finding jobs, education, and social inclusion.
Call for a Clubhouse tour and join us to build your own future!Itä-Helsingin Klubitalo
tel.: 040 1880 621